When you’re sick, the little things are everything. Suddenly the most simple things seem like the biggest treat in the world, like, taking a bath. Hot tea. The ability to breathe.
Man, I miss breathing.
I currently am battling a very persistent head cold. I’m channeling Jojo over here like ‘LEAVE! GET OUT! RIGHT NOW!’ and it’s all ‘I’m good!’. I’ve quarantined myself to my apartment for the last two days in attempts to get over this ASAP. When I get sick, I get sick. I’m very prone to sinus infections, and I’m also very allergic to medicine, which make for a very bad combination [yes, I meant to say very that many times]. I usually try to combat any sign of being sick early for that reason [maybe I should put up a post of all my essentials?] so I haven’t been in this position for quite some time.
My experience the last two days have left me with many realizations:
- “All of Me” by John Legend can be used to describe my relationship with my sectional, which, I’ve decided, was the best purchase I ever made. Love your curves and all your edges..
- I understand why I’m getting all those freaking candy crush invitations on facebook now because I too have resigned myself to playing that life suck of a game and there’s a point where you JUST CAN’T WIN UNLESS YOU INVITE YOUR FRIENDS [don’t worry. It’s not going to happen. Ever].
- I suddenly want to be incredibly productive because I no longer can be. Editing seems like the MOST FUN thing in the world, because it’s one thing I still can do. The video I posted today still needed to be edited two days ago, but why would I have done that when I could have gone to brunch?! Why can’t I transfer this excitement to deadline days?
- I am just so thankful for EVERYTHING. The little things, like being able to actually taste what you’re eating, seem so important when you no longer experience them. And the little things I am experiencing are just so. awesome.
So, with that, I thought I would write out some of the extremely little things that have made my sick day just that much more enjoyable.
- My Morning Smoothies.
waking up and drinking vegetables just makes me feel like I’ll be better ASAP. PS- add avocado to your smoothies. Life changing
- Taking a Shower
wow, I feel like a new human. I can breathe while I’m in the shower [partially due to the steam, partially due to my mentha body wash] and afterwards I’m just so thankful to not feel sick and gross. Also, I feel like I’ve accomplished something because I took a shower, people. That’s some real activity. I’d say ‘if only I had a bath tub to sleep in’, but this is a positive list.
- Law + Order SVU being played all day long
my dream. thank you, USA
they just FEEL better, you know? I just want to be wrapped in one all the time. How do I not feel like that all the time?
- Peppermint Tea
I am living on this stuff. So good.
I’m thankful for this app all of the time, but food delivery is 1000x better when you’re sick.
- Buzzfeed and Gawker
I have read every single article on both of them in the last two days. And taken every quiz. It says my favorite color is red, in case you were wondering. They’re wrong.
- Clean Sheets
nothing feels as good as my bed. nothing.
minus my couch.
that feels pretty awesome too.
Do you guys have any favorites for sick days? Or are you reading this and thinking ‘I don’t like ANYTHING when I’m sick because I’m SICK, hello!’ I tend to look for the best in every situation, the silver lining, if you will [hear that, buzzfeed? I like silver colored things]. Being negative about a situation doesn’t make it better, it only negatively affects your mood. It also can make you sick [seriously- stress can do crazy things to your health].
Hold up. Harry Potter is on TV! It’s a sick day miracle! Hope you guys could make sense of my sick day thoughts *waving emoji* byeee